24 October 2012

Random days work

So I'm a few weeks into uni now and I've decided after speaking with a few people that keeping a blog is probably a good idea, not 100% what I'm expected to write or post in it so I apologise for any crap you look at or read.

Currently I am working on four projects, the work for these is what i'll be posting here.



the projects are:



  • Entertainment Design (create a concept for a game and make a prototype)
  • 3D Production Design (create a 3D environment for use in the games industry)
  • Digital Visualisation (concept work with three final digitally painted pieces)
  • Life Drawing (draw people!)
Today i've been working in my sketchbooks and also trying to learn Maya (a program totally new to me). 
after a few basic tutorials I made this:


I realise its very basic and anyone who uses Maya may have just spat their tea over their screen but hey! moving from 3DS Max to Maya aint easy!! 

I basically spent some time going through the tutorials that come with Maya and then went onto the Digital tutors site and completed the "beginners guide to Maya" 

Link to the tutorials:


I've also been working on my main character for my entertainment design class. Its a top down perspective hockey game.